Be Equitable: Who We Are
A diverse collective of artists, practitioners, scholars and activists, brought together by our vision for a just and equitable world where everyone can thrive regardless of identity.
A mid-size IDEA consultancy with over thirty years of experience partnering with organizations to advance inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in the workplace and in the world. We partner with clients to co-create pathways for advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Accessibility (IDEA) within their organizations – developing strategies and providing knowledge, support, and resources throughout the journey.
- Bravely Speak The Truth: The truth can be hard sometimes, and we can do hard things. Be courageous and honest.
- Together We Go Far: We work as a collective to achieve our goals.
- Believe It Can Be Done: Be Optimistic that things can and will change for the better.
- No One Way To Be: Show up as your authentic self. Embrace the journey. Be open to difference.
- Do What Is Right Not What Is Easy: In order to be equitable, we uphold integrity. Do what’s right, even when no one is looking. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it.
How does this position support Be Equitable’s mission and goals?
The Project Consultant plays a critical role in ensuring Be Equitable can deliver on an exceptional and consistent Client Experience. As part of the Client Experience team, the Project Consultant stewards prospective and current client relationships, and manages the client life cycle while constantly acting as a Be Equitable values ambassador, thought partner, and trusted advisor to our diverse portfolio of clients.
The Project Consultant also supports the mission of Be Equitable by identifying opportunities for expanding impact and revenue generation within client engagements. A key part of this role involves liaising between clients and internal consulting and product development teams.
Working in this role will involve BEing a:
Client Success and Engagement Manager:
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with Be Equitable clients, serving as the primary point of contact for the project life-cycle.
- Develop a client profile through research and intake calls to inform a consultative approach and align client needs within the project scope.
- Leverage ongoing opportunities to connect with clients and assess client experience, satisfaction and Be Equitable’s impact throughout the project lifecycle.
- Partner with the internal resourcing team and consultants to develop delivery schedules and milestones to track project progress.
- Maintain data integrity by documenting client updates, call notes, opportunities, leads and themes in Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Hold the internal project team accountable to delivering on project milestones and needs in a timely, efficient and client-centric manner.
- Monitor client accounts receivables (AR) to ensure timely payment and engage in ongoing dialogue to confirm client alignment with AR process.
Values & Services Ambassador:
- Stay abreast of Be Equitable product and service offerings and broader industry trends.
- Identify opportunities to expand Be Equitable’s impact and meet client needs by offering new and/or customized service offerings.
- Participate in industry-related and/or client-facing events to generate interest in Be Equitable’s product and service offerings.
Thought Partner & Advisor:
- Grow in one’s understanding of the inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility (IDEA) industry and subject matter in order to apply it to client recommendations and the project life cycle.
- Advise clients on guiding principles related to communicating inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA)
- Partner with internal content & innovation teams on product ideation, development, and maintenance to ensure Be Equitable’s offerings are timely and responsive to client needs and industry trends.
Success in this role looks like:
- Positive, trusting client experiences as measured by our client life-cycle survey.
- Retaining clients; deepening relationships to identify new product and service offerings that align with the client’s IDEA Journey.
- Being able to intimately understand and articulate trends in client needs, industry trends, and themes in service delivery in order to inform product development.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to grow in one’s understanding of the IDEA concepts and visibility within the industry.
Accountability and Decision Making
The Project Consultant will report to the Director, Client Experience. Project Consultants are also part of Client Engagement teams, which typically involve collaboration with consultants, instructional designers, and the Director, Client Services. Most decisions are made in a collaborative context and/or with the Directors of Client Experience and Client Services.
Your background, skills, and gifts may be in alignment with this role if you have:
- Worked in collaborative settings where you had to leverage active listening, problem solving and consultative skills.
- A demonstrated passion for inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) work.
- Been described as someone who communicates with impact and has the ability to move others to action.
- Done well in roles that require strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical proficiency in the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Relationship Management Software (Salesforce is a plus!)
- Experience working in a fully remote work environment.
This may also translate into…
- 3+ years in a project/program management or related role (Client Experience, IDEA, Organizational Development)
- Demonstrated experience delivering innovative solutions in support of IDEA strategies
Be Equitable is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled